Saturday, October 15, 2011

WINDY, Rainy and Colder Day

  Went to the Michigan House last night for dinner.  So delicious.  Glad we went.  I liked the service this time too.  The waitress actually was on top of things for once.  Not too long of a wait on a Friday night either.  Too bad I could not have a hot cider or hot buttered rum drink.  It is all worth it though.



  I awoke this morning hot from the heater kicking on.  The wind is raging outside and Tony said he might have heard a leak in the ceiling of the downstairs bathroom.  Not good.  What a horrible day already.  Good day for reading the books I want and putting away diapers I suppose.  Those things need to be done anyway.

  These days, sometimes I will find that I am just starving.  I wake in the morning ready to eat.  In the afternoon I am famished if I do not eat soon enough.  I am back to the old ways of wanting to eat.  Strange.  My belly is getting tight for everything I do.  Standing, sitting, rolling over, etc. Even laying down does not guarantee a relaxed belly anymore.  The baby cannot move around much when the belly is tight, but moves around plenty when the belly is relaxed.  Poor thing.  No room in there, despite my large belly, I know the space is limited.  I have taken to waking thinking my water broke now, when nothing in reality is happening.  Just a vivid dream.  I am still so swollen that the pads of my feet are a dome and my fingers will not bend all the way.  Not even elevating really makes a difference these days.

  The doctor told me that I am lactose intolerant.  This late in the game I think avoiding dairy is good for me because it will make me feel better, but also is difficult as dairy seems to be in everything.  Well, everything seemingly good to me that is.  I have been transitioning to telling waitresses and not buying things with it in it already that I cannot pass up, but long term this will be something I can live with.  It was just convenient when it was hot that for breakfast or something as a cool quick snack I could just have some Kashi cereal.  No longer the same, using the Almond milk just tastes different after having the Organic Milk for the last few weeks.  Also, we waited too long to use up one carton of almond milk and it went bad.  It got clumpy and moldy around the carton opening.  Disgusting.



  If I do not write something down, I do not remember it today.  And I discovered yesterday, this includes taking the clothes from the washer to the dryer.  I forgot them twice yesterday.  I have a feeling there are going to be a plethora of lists happening in the near future.  There are some things, like paying for the car insurance, that need to be done and cannot be forgotten to forego any late fees that we really do not have the money or desire to pay for ever.  I am going to be needing that second wife these days even more so than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment