Thursday, October 20, 2011

Not Today & Thursday TV

  The baby has definitely dropped.  Oh, this baby is picking when he's coming.  I am going to ask my acupuncturist to come on Monday after the proposed closing for the property.  I will go anytime the baby is ready, just not for 3 more weeks.  It is time to avoid Tony's birthday, Halloween and the crazy days of the new moon.  Over the weekend would be nice as then Tony could be with me and have extra time to reschedule appointments for patients.
New Moon
  Oh the indigestion from even just water or raspberry tea.  The pressure socks are not really sexy, but real functional and necessary today.  Tight focal points of sharp pain for 5-10 minutes here and there after 2 hours of sharp cramping contractions from my back to belly last night.  Tightness is constant all day, but the baby seems to be getting stronger because he is kicking through the tightness now.  Whole elbows and feet are visible.  Sometimes the baby moves quickly and forcefully and the belly makes a clicking noise.  It is disconcerting as I do not know what would cause that sound.  I hope it is not harmful.  Tony heard it one time, so I was not imagining it.  Silly kicker.  I love the movement, it is so soothing and relaxing to me.  I do not like the tightness that prevents the movement and makes me nervous the baby is being squished too much.  I know, I know, I should not worry about it.  I am a worrier anyway, but this is only the beginning of the worrying. My aunt Florence has lived until 99 as a worrier.  It cannot be all bad.

  A funny The Office episode this week.  Grey's Anatomy is getting lame.  Project Runway is iffy.  The Vampire Diaries is getting strange and unexpected.  Not sure if I like it.  The Secret Circle is not that good. These are the Thursday shows.  I want to catch up on my Dexter.  Now, with the indigestion, I will probably not get to lay down for a while. I did get a nap after leaving the office today.  I like sleeping, but I wake with double sausages for fingers with numbness and muscle spasms.  My left low back is acutely painful to palpation.  Strange how the pain is just one sided.  The sweating from being a heater and smelling differently than before.  Always smelly from the heater inside me. Why does this baby like his butt right underneath my ribs instead of sinking into the birth canal for me?  Come on baby.  You can come tonight if you like...

  What to choose as a middle name or a name period.  We cannot choose particularly until we see him, but still we cannot choose outright on a dry run.  Tony is open to whatever, but I cannot decide myself.  I feel we have limited ourselves too much.  No sense in wondering, but I am not leaving the hospital without naming him.  They will not let that happen anyway.

  Kaitlin interviewed me for a nursing project today.  I felt bad taking so long and monopolizing her time.  I am pretty sure I over shared, but she got a thorough picture of where I am and how much has changed in the recent past for me.  I am sure she would not have had a clue, like most people, about the difficulties the last few years have been.  Now, with this blessing of a baby, not all problems are solved, but life moves on and I chose to be positive and not dwell anymore.  I am more peaceful and less stressed than before.  I am happy to take on this "challenge" and life change.  So many life changers in the last 3 years, this one will not hurt the trend.  Hope I did not scare her.  She could be a future in-law.  Poor thing.  They make a good couple, but they are so young.  No life experience yet.  I know I grew up too fast, not everyone had to have that kind of childhood.  Lucky her.  Hope she likes being a nurse.  It's all about dealing with people, small office politics and being on your feet to try and help everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment