Sunday, October 16, 2011

Halloween Fever Is Setting In


  I love Halloween.  I love remembering the candy I used to get in my pillow case when trick or treating.  The "candy cigarettes," Nerds, Pixy stix, Twix, Popcorn balls (did  not like), etc. Good memories of dressing up and going around the neighborhoods into the night until I could not hold up my bag anymore or I got tired and had to walk back home.  Sweet.
Used to be called "candy cigarettes" now candy sticks

  I plan on painting my belly with a pumpkin face and orange color.  My face will be green for the stalk.  I am determined to dress up.  I had SO much fun throwing the cookie decorating party last year.  I wish I could reliably throw one this year, but I can count on next year.  How fun that will be with a little one of my own.  

  Still a cloudy, potentially rainy, but very windy day.  Up to 50 mph gusts along the Lake Superior shore.  It takes the wind chill down to 38 degrees.  I love looking out of my living room window seeing the white birch tree outside flailing around in the rain and watching the effects of every day through this tree.  The leaves are still mostly green.  They will soon turn yellow and fall off.  I love Fall.  I don't even mind that Winter is coming.  I plan on not going far and concentrating on the newborn we will have for 3 months straight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment