Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oh So Close, & Yet So Far

  I went into the hospital tonight and my contractions were from 2-6 minutes a part.  I am not dilating further at this point.  I am ready for this to progress, but being sent home I am going to try to sleep just in case the painful contractions wake me up tonight.  All the advice I've heard is to get the sleep as much as possible so this is what my plan is.

  The baby is SO low now.  Also, the baby is moving and pushing my belly to the extreme, to the point I jump from the surprise, pain and how powerful these punches and kicks are.  Very fun, but crazy too.  If he wants to play so badly, just come on out into the world already.  Wow, I'm impressed at the power of this child.  So strong and having a mind of his own already.  I think I see an athlete in the future.

  We were late to Tony's family birthday dinner.  I wish we could have foreseen how this would go, but it worked out.  He got his hamburger dinner with 3 bean salad and tuna salad.  He got his chocolate layer cake with whipped cream and frosting trifle.  It was great that everyone came and waited as long as they could for us before digging in to eat.  Glad they could get the party started without us so they did not have to wait until we could make it.  He got a variety of presents ranging from Star Wars, camping, towing cable, and the grammar police.  We had to go home because my right leg was tingling numb from being swollen.  I needed to get my pressure socks on at home.

  Interesting potentially last world series game.  I do not care who wins, Texas or St. Louis, but they are making it interesting at the end here.  Texas right fielder not finding the wall to catch the ball and allowing a triple with 2 on base already to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th inning, unreal.  These ticket holders are getting their money's worth tonight.  Top of the 10th inning, Texas gets a single and then a home run back to back batters.  Impressive.

  Project Runway Anja won.  Another print loving collection to win 2 years in a row.  Someone who cannot sew, to win is shocking, but also tells you some things can be taught, like sewing, and some things cannot, like style and grace under pressure.  This is the sign of a winner, the unteachable aspects of a person and learning the teachable features of what you want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment