Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cold & Errand Filled Today

  I think 43 degrees would be fine if there was no cold wind to go with it.  Not too bad, we made it this far into October without any white stuff flying in the air.  That is supposed to be remedied in 2 days.  I hope for the kids' sake that Halloween is at least not a wet & cold day.  I am still unsure if I will be dressing up and handing out candy, or if I will be in the hospital or pre-occupied with a newborn that day.  Oh, this baby.

  Good doctor's appointment today though.  I found out I am 1.5 cm dilated!  YAY.  So happy to know all this contracting is making some kind of progress.  I was afraid I would have no progress at all.  I will take it.  The baby has been the most active today than in the last 9 days as my belly has "relaxed" the most today.  I am going to go get some Raspberry tea to get things moving again.  I was not sure the tea helped, but now I am more of a believer.

  I had a nursing student at my appointment that was also at our child birth class at Aspirus.  He is a father of four.  When laying back to determine the position of the baby, I became hot, sweating and thought I might pass out.  I sat up and drank some water.  I felt better and they quickly measured the fundus and assured me the position is the baby's head is down and the bum is under my ribs on the mid-right side.  I am thankful to be nearing the end as the swelling is just difficult.  Especially when the numbness and swelling wakes me up at night with painful joints to bend my fingers and my poor right index finger that will never be right again after being reconstructed through surgery.

  I went to stretch at Curves today, found out my bank card does not work, sent Taylor her 18th birthday present in the mail, got Tony a French Silk Pie from Perkins for his birthday tomorrow and picked up a present from Northwoods for him after my doctor's appointment.  I hope to make our intimate birthday celebration good tomorrow.  Likely we will have to go out to dinner depending on what he wants to eat. I do not know how much cooking I will be up for tomorrow.  OK baby, not tomorrow.  Tonight or the next day fine.  Not tomorrow.

  I want to pick up apples from the yard today as I know if I do not, no one else will pick them up and they will stay there for the duration of winter.  I also need to make returns to Amazon also.  I know I have hours, or a few days at best before I will be house ridden, tired and pre-occupied.  I know this baby will be a big one.  They made no guesstimate today as they were quick at the end to get me out of there.  What a great time of year for this.  I am grateful I will not be largely pregnant during winter.  I cannot imagine having to put anything but slip-on shoes at this point, let alone boots.  No heavy coats around my large belly either.

  Love that the Deathly Hallows Part I is playing all the time on HBO these days.  I keep getting to watch at the same parts, but today I started watching earlier on than usual.  So good.  Harry Potter is in the top 3 of book and movie series of all time.  Harry Potter is great for so many reasons.  I could go on and on, but I will stop with that.  I think they should make a cartoon that is a series like they did for the in-between times of the Star Wars movies, only they should follow the books to the word.  This would be more inexpensive than making sets or paying actors.  That would be awesome and worthy of making more money in the future for them.  Food for thought Pixar!

No comments:

Post a Comment