Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Carving Fun Last Night

Tony's handiwork

Scary

Eerie
  Oh so good to see these pumpkins light up the room.  I am such a fan.  I did get to help the girls (Cece & Bella) to carve their concrete-like little "pie pumpkins." It is good to spend some quality time with the girls, despite the reason why was that Tony and Nikki had to go into the office for an emergency.  He got called in from the hospital, from his father.  I am so glad we got to get pumpkins for this Halloween because I was not sure that we would get the chance being potentially in the hospital or occupied with a newborn.  Now it looks like we will be dressing up and handing out candy.  I have put up no decorations, but I can whip something up tomorrow.  I have all day and it is supposed to be nicer tomorrow.  Mid to upper 40's is considered nicer to me as it is 29 degrees right now.  


    39 weeks along and I really never fathomed I would make it to 40 weeks let along surpass it.  I am not happy about that, not fearful, but the safer version for my baby would be to have them before they get too big and the placenta does not get calcified.  I have had enough emotion around this week.  Now, I know that time is irrelevant in that I will not remember the waiting or days before I gave birth, it will be the big day and days after that will be burned into my mind.  It really does not matter when the baby comes, it will be their own special day.

  I finished The Four Agreements book.  I wish I had this book when I was 18 years old.  I really think it is a book I would have read and re-read to get a different perspective and meaning each time I read it.  I am going to send this to my niece who is 18 and make her read it.  I will expect a report after she reads it to see what her perspective is at this time.  I know you cannot make someone self evaluate and she may hate it and not want to read it.  I just want to share what knowledge I can to help her save precious time in life that I wasted lamenting and torturing myself rather than being myself and living life the way I want to.  Being true to myself and not taking everything so personally when no one else cares or notices.  They are not perceptive or observant about anyone, but themselves.  I am pleased that I read this book and will be reading it again in the future.

  What is on the agenda for today?  I have to pack something to ship for Amazon.com, get Halloween costume and decorations out and make some food.  I hope to watch the latest Transformers movie, which will be torturous as it has very little plot and disjointed music so far in the first 20 minutes.  I'm sure this will not be as good as St. Louis coming back in the series and winning the World Series this year.  Amazing.  I made squash, pumpkin, spinach soup homemade.  It was filling, just enough spice and heat and had a good texture.  Very pleased.  I like that there is left overs for tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment