Sunday, December 11, 2011

Things That Are True Today

1 Month old Adam
  Things that are true:
Adam gazing at the Christmas tree lights, he loves it
  • Love fleece sleep sacks for the winter
  • I am willing to compromise my "plan" for comfort and sleep
  • Pampers are better than Huggies
  • When I get sleep my memory works much better
  • Stretching is vital to life
  • There are many things I do not miss about life before being a mom, that said, I know things will change with time
  • I love Christmas lights, I love watching Adam gaze at Christmas lights more than doing so by myself
  • I miss quality time with my husband
  • This winter is going to fly by, Adam is already 1 month old!  I feel like it's been a lifetime in a few weeks
  • I prefer sleep over eating
  • I want Adam to sleep longer, but I do not want him to grow up so fast
  • I cannot wait to take Adam for walks along Portage canal and Lake Superior
  • I miss singing Christmas carols walking along the streets of Tucson
  • I miss seeing the Christmas lights displays in Tucson
  • I miss my family
  • My blood pressure is getting better, but is not "normal" for me yet
  • Tony is a life saver, he let me sleep for 6 hours today.  That said, I had not eaten in 19 hours and the last food I had was cake.  I woke up with low blood sugar and was very dehydrated.  I could barely stand up and was very dizzy.  I will not do that again.
  • Most everything can wait.
  • Bills will not pay themselves
  • I love taking pictures.
  • I love taking our posed Christmas picture every year.
  • A Medela pump is a God send
  • I miss Adam when I sleep
  • I just want to squeeze Adam, but I have to wait until he gets bigger to do so
  • Adam is so precious
  • Being a mom is more than words can express
  • I am going to the "office" Christmas party this year (scrw um)
  • I am not leaving this house this winter unless I have to, I am content being a home body
  • I do not want Adam to get sick with a cold or the flu this winter
  • I want to take our family to the Harry Potter theme park someday
  • I want to check if Adam is breathing all the time, but I can let him sleep in the other room with a monitor without getting up and checking him all the time
  • I love walking along the beach, finding beach glass and skipping stones
  • Adam looks so big when I am holding him in my arms, but so Tiny when someone else is holding him
  • I have lost 75% of the weight I gained for pregnancy and I know the last bit will be the dickens to get off of me
  • My scar is itchy, numb and painful at various times and all at once
  • No one should go through parenthood alone
  • Fiber is a girl's best friend after a C-section (prune juice & bananas)
  • I love my new Canon camera!  I highly recommend it
  • The Happiest Baby on the Block CD works like a charm!  LOVE it
  • Adam likes fleece blankets because when you lay them on him they are not cold and do not take time to warm up like cotton
  • I cannot remember the last movie I saw in the theatre
  • The cover for a car seat is vital and cannot be without one in a cold winter area
  • I was so tired 3 nights ago I cried in frustration and exhaustion- every time I would lay down and get the covers on me he would cry for frustration, diaper change or hungry
  • There is no excuse for not brushing & flossing, no matter how tired you are, if I can do it, so can you, it takes 3-5 min tops. Anyone can spare that amount of time.  Just lay the brush & floss near where you sleep so you can grab it from a laying position.  You can brush without toothpaste and it will still be beneficial to your teeth.
  • My ribs are hurting and my thoracic outlet and carpal tunnel symptoms are progressively worsening with the posture of feeding Adam, rocking Adam and carrying him around
  • Poor guy cries for bowel movements and gas
  • His skin is peeling from his scalp and he has baby acne/something toxemia rash on his face, scalp, eye lids, shoulders, stomach, chest, upper arms and ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment