Thursday, December 29, 2011

A New Day

  After a frantic and erratic night yesterday night, last night was a complete change.  I cannot predict this child yet.  As long as I hold him, he will sleep.  He has a sensor that tells him when he's not being held and he wakes up screaming.  So crazy.  They must have that as a reflex.  I was able to get him to sleep well last night, but I cannot sleep while holding him.  He has done as well as he could to be calm last night.  I'll take holding him calmly all night rather than frantically unhappy any day.

  His babble and noises are progressing.  They are getting louder and more frequent.  It is amazing how fast they grow.  He loves listening to and looking at his daddy as he does not get to see him as often.  He is a pro at kicking off his blankets now.  He does not cry because he is cold after the fact, but I lose sleep over it.  He needs to be warm in this cold winter.  It is swing time.  Hopefully more sleep in his bed and more for me too.  He sounds like he is working on filling his diaper.  Time to rescue him before I need to give him a bath.

Night Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment