Thursday, December 15, 2011

Swing Fun

  He fell asleep in the swing for the first time last night!  So precious and so wonderful he could be calmed and happy.  He is heavier now and weighs down the swing so it does not go too fast anymore.  He looks big in it, but they specs say up to 25 lbs.  I do not feel I can leave him in there for long go to sleep myself while he is swinging, but while I am awake I can at least eat hands free.  I see this being great for our future.  Yay.

  We watched the Nutcracker on PBS last night live from Lincoln center in New York City.  Tony looked up tickets.  The cheapest, on a Wednesday night, were ~$300.  The prime seats were $942.  We got to watch it live without flying there, getting a hotel, traveling in the cold, sitting with the public, risking bed bugs and illness.  We were warm, at home, together, not having to dress up and still got to enjoy a ballet that we love.  I especially love the costumes.  Of course the ballerinas were superb as they are in the biggest city there is for culture.  I enjoyed it.  The ballet was re-aired later in the night so I got a repeat opportunity to enjoy it again.  Sweet. I miss going to the Nutcracker in Detroit when Tony and I were dating.  It was so much fun.

  What a yucky rainy day.  I do not know if the streets are slick out there, but they do not look good from in here.  Happy to be warm and dry.  Uh, oh.  Duty calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment