Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Time Flies, Sweet Boy

  I was feeling better, though my swelling nor blood pressure had gone down much. Then I had hives and angioedema as I'm allergic to one or both of the medications I was taking. The problem is that I was taking so many new meds that I didn't know which one was the culprit and I went off all of them and was given a different medicine to take. My blood pressure was not improving and they switched making it another 3-5 days for it to start working. After 4 days the medicine is kicking in and my blood pressure is down considerably. Not into "normal" range yet, but out of the danger zone anyway. My headaches and heart feel better everyday. More sleep as he gets bigger and sleeps more will help me too.


  The baby now has wicked diaper rash from the antibiotics which makes changing, etc. painful for him. Poor thing. The last hurdle for healing was evaluated at the doctor's today. He's stuffy for breathing, but nothing like when he had full blown pneumonia. He just needs a humidifier for his sinuses.  He gained weight and looks good. Happy to be home now and will try to get on a schedule before Tony has to go back to work full time. He works today, but will be off until next Tuesday after that. Happy to have a few days with his help at home before I have to do it all by myself. I'm happy to be home safely. Tony and I are exhausted, but really excited to have him home. What a sweet boy he is. Such a tough trooper. 


  We have went to the in-laws for dinner the last 2 nights.  I just have no appetite.  I force myself to eat when my stomach gets grumbly, but I have no desire to just eat.  I know I have to eat in order to feed Adam.  We celebrated my birthday last night with tomato soup and grilled cheese dinner.  Robin made baked Alaska for me, delicious.  The raspberry sorbet was the best.  I got a mini steamer, wool jacket, alpaca socks, baby picture insert drink coasters, some cash and the cleaning solution for the cleaner.  Feels weird to be in the upper box of the 30's now.  I do not feel that old, but I can see time lines on my face and hands.  Amazing how time flies.  I am so thankful for my baby.  I had moments that I feared for both of our lives and I thought of what would happen if I lost him.  I did not want to consider that kind of devastation.  Adam's doctor today said stress and the blood pressure are surely related.  She said sleep and relaxation would be key to kicking the hypertension on top of the medications.  He is 15 days old already.  I did not get to do any of the pictures or spend the quality time that I had planned on with him.  It's been all nurses and doctors.  Oh, he cries again for the diaper to be changed.  Oh the laundry, amazing.  Have a great Thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment