Thursday, November 3, 2011

Due Date Has Arrived

  Oh, the special torture of a date that we have been waiting for.  Ten months in the making and the big anti-climatic arrival of that day.  All these "practice" labor contractions, sometimes I feel that I missed my window of opportunity for natural labor to happen.  Not excited at the prospect of my labor not starting on its own.  I was given the Bishop's scale on my last appointment and I would be guaranteed a long labor and  a C-section.  I am so open to the possibilities now, even if it is just to alleviate poor Tony's anxiety about the baby and everything to do with the birth.
View out of my living room window

  Such good contractions until 2 A.M. last night/this morning.  Now, just abdominal cramping and lower back pain.  I am so swollen my hands and lower legs are numb/tingling.  I do not know what walking will accomplish as I already walked this morning, but my walk yesterday for almost 40 minutes I will repeat today as it is so nice out.  I know the snow and cold are coming soon enough.  I must enjoy while I have the "freedom" and time.  I love the feeling of exercising though.  It's just awkward right now.  I feel stretching is ineffective because I cannot move very easily, but I go through the motions so I can try to relax those hips that need to expand.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment