Monday, November 14, 2011

Complications

  Adam weighs 9 lb 6 oz and only has his monitor electrodes and his PICC IV line now.  He's looking better and more alert every day.  We are hoping to be home on Monday, but if he needs to stay we may be here for Thanksgiving.  We'll see.


  On a different note, I have pitted edema and when (upon Tony's dad's suggestion) we took my blood pressure I was having a hypertensive crisis today.   My blood pressure was 191/101 at it's highest. I ended up in the emergency room.  They gave me IV meds and a prescription to fill tomorrow.  I am going to need full leg length pressure socks I am to get tomorrow.  I have to stay off my feet and will be on the meds hopefully only 2 weeks.  I had  severe headaches the last 2 days and didn't realize they were blood pressure related.  I also have a end of exhalation wheeze that was causing me to snore which I've never had before.  I am feeling better now, though my swelling has not gone down.  I am hopeful I can still feed while on the meds. I will be losing a lot of fluid.  I really cannot take any more complications.  I am hoping for a smooth transition to going home. 

  Adam calls, he's hungry.  Then I get to sleep a couple of hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment