Friday, November 25, 2011

Long Night Last Night

  I ended up giving Adam Gripe water last night and using Mother Love's cream.  It was a rough night for the poor, inconsolable guy.  I hope we do not have a repeat tonight, though I know there will be nights like that in the future.  Tony is a miracle worker and really did his daddy duty last night.  We love him.  It is wonderful to have a partner to help with the parenting of Adam.  I cannot imagine going through this experience without him.  I do not know how anyone would get anything done in the first weeks.  Wow.

  The Medela pump is worth every penny.  I got the backpack variety and think that it is great.  Love it.  I think diaper rash is the work of the devil to torture babies and parents.  It is clearing up, slowly, but I hope little Adam will get along much better without it.  He got his first bath today.  So much screaming, but so clean afterwards.  He is so cute with that wet hair and combing it afterward is the best.

  He's lightly sleeping right now, periodically blowing out or doing raspberries.  He's so expressive.  I'm watching White Christmas in the background and Tony went to get some leftover Thanksgiving food for me.  I hope he has pie.  I have gotten little done in the last week.  I am working on laundry right now.  This experience is definitely not what I thought it would be.  I also found out that snaps are for the birds.  They take way too long to dress him.  He has no patience for that.  He wants to be dressed and done with it already.

  I still have hives on my hands and forearms.  They are raised, but not itchy like they were.  They are drying out.  Wish I could have taken antihistamines for longer, but they messed me up enough.  I look back at the problems I started to have and they stemmed from the night I "took off" to sleep and then taking the antihistamines.  I am trying the Fenugreek Mother's Milk tea, but am unsure when I would see results if it is going to work.  I am so stiff from sitting and sleeping all the time.  I want to stretch and exercise, but no dice for a few weeks.  I can feel the weakness in my abdominal muscles and I must wait.  I can stretch though.  I just have to do that instead of sleep and that is not as appealing.

  Time for transferring all the video and pictures to the hard drive to save.  Adam is such a fun fellow.  I hope that I take enough pictures to look back on when he was little bitty and appreciate it because time is flying right now.  He is already growing.  Amazing.  I love cloth diapering.  So much easier and fun that they will grow with him.  Fly by the seat of our pants leaning all this taking care of a newborn stuff.  Will we have a Christmas tree this year?  Maybe tomorrow.  We'll see.
After his bath roday.  Mohawk love

No comments:

Post a Comment