Saturday, November 26, 2011

Rough Night

  What a LONG night.  Adam ate and needed a diaper change, or two, every hour from 4 PM-5 AM last night.  I need to convert him to be a daytime baby instead of a nocturnal baby.  I tried to keep him up, but he's sleeping right now.  He likes to sleep after every time he eats is the problem, then he's up all night.  Ugh.  I read I may be dehydrated and not drinking enough and that is why he wants to eat so frequently.  Also, he is such a big boy, I may not be keeping up with is needs so I am working on that too.

  He likes his McLaren lounge chair with vibration option.  He is not sure about the swing yet.  He definitely did well with Baby Beethoven today.  Good times.  The pack-n-play height for regular diaper changes is extra straining on my back.  So painful.  On top of pulling a muscle beneath my right shoulder blade, I really need to find another way of changing diapers.  I am loving the cloth diapers, but they do require more frequent changes as they get soaked and the baby instantly feels the wetness.  This in contrast to the super absorbent disposable kinds that wick the moisture away and they baby can sit in their wetness for many hours possibly before saturation occurs.  I would rather change him than let him sit in it to try and heal the diaper rash anyway.

  We put up the Christmas tree today.  Different ornaments this year and we already have a picture ornament with Adam inside.  Love the feeling of bulbs that I cannot break if I drop them.  The new camera is also great in low light.  I have to say the camera has surpassed my expectations.  Love to use this camera over any other.  The camera will come in handy for Christmas too.  Our little bundle boy is just going to be the best present with a bow on his head.  I cannot wait.  I have a feeling this will be the Christmas of Adam and not the parents so much.  Fun.

  I am ready for sleep, but he will eat in an hour so I will wait for him and see if I can sleep after that for a couple of hours.  I hope this phase goes quickly and will not last for months.  I would take even 4 hours at a time, let alone 5 hours.  Watching SNL in the meantime.  It is a re-run, but still tremendously funny.  I love Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg together.  They are hilarious.  Oh poor crying baby.  I hope the rash clears up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment