Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

  I still have hives on the backs of my hands, right thigh, chest and calves.  I do not know when they will go away as I will not take any more antihistamines.  I have no appetite. I have a grumbly stomach, but I am more tired than hungry.  I force food, but it is the opposite than when I was pregnant.  My blood pressure is improving happily.   I am trying the Milk Maid tea with Fenugreek in it to help me along with feeding Adam.

  Adam eats every 1-2.5 hours during the day and had a hard time going to sleep last night at 2 AM. He did finally sleep for 4 hrs and then 3 hrs so I could sleep too this morning.  We did get to see some of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  We watched some of the Dog Show afterwards, 17 Again, then Tony started watching the Season 3 Star Wars animated episodes.  Adam is wearing his Yoda, "Hungry, I am" onesie.

  I have made no preparation to bring anything to Thanksgiving.  If it were up to me I would have made TV dinners and had a pie.  I am not really excited to have my baby fresh out of the NICU around a bunch of people.  He still has enough to deal with rather than getting another illness on top of it.  I do not think it's too much to ask to have people wash their hands to hold the baby for now.  I just want to take care of him, diaper changes and life are hard enough without dealing with more medicines and discomfort from a disease.  I missed seeing the traditional football with my dad, but he gave me the highlights.  I miss traditional family Thanksgiving.

  When we were little Thanksgiving was a lot of food and good eating.  There was always tension in the air between my parents, but we typically had neighbors or someone else present for us all to be on our best behavior and to eat the bounty so there was not so much leftovers.  I like the spiral noodle salad that was good for days later.  Delicious.  Cannot have the garlic these days, but it sounds good.  I hope they have pie as Tony did not pick one up.  I want to come back and relax some before the night routine begins or I run out of diapers.  He spit up on me, but not on his onesie so people can see him in it before it gets dirty as well.  Time to pack the diaper bag to go.  Lots of prep work to make it out the door these days.  Rather be safe with extra diapers than sorry!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment