Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Oh Boy

  Ya, baby boy did not come today.  I have hopes that tomorrow will be a good day as that is my due date and Taylor's 18th birthday.  So wish I could be at her birthday tomorrow.  She is so grown up.  Shocking to me that she is 18 and going to be on her own.  I wish she will learn from other's mistakes and not have to learn everything the hard way.  I know this is ambitious and I surely did not do this, but I can be optimistic for her.  I wish I could help her with her college personal statement.  I know mine did not rock and I could help her as to what not to do anyway.  Though, I still got in and went all the way in school.  I miss undergrad school.  Oh so fun.  I did not take full advantage, but she sure could.  I would love to encourage all the shenanigans that I should have done in school.  I kept to myself and did the secluded hood.  I never took a proper Spring Break, had 3 jobs and studied every holiday.

  Despite that, undergrad was so fun for freedom, traveling and meeting many different types of people.  Undergrad prepares you for learning outside the box and not the material.  You just have to regurgitate the info. that the professor wants to get by instead of learning life skills and information that you will actually use in day to day life of an occupation.  Interesting that the well rounded, intelligent college grad. is just getting started in the world.  They do not teach business and communication to everyone like they should because they only care about getting your money and not what you actually learn.  Oh, the college experience.

  I miss going to campus at the University of Arizona to hang out on the mall, sleeping in various study rooms or at the back of the library, getting Chinese food or smoothies on campus or going to a study group to hammer out the details after I have done the heavy lifting of research.  The campus I used to frequent from 6 AM until the wee hours of the morning sometimes.  Listening to sports events and watching games when we became national champions my junior year.  Basketball and football rocked when I was in school.  I just loved the McKale center and my friends that were supportive and crazy honest with me.  They took care of me and would go clubbing whenever we felt like hanging out.

  Free movies and unlimited study time with movies playing in the background.  Hot nights and playing softball to blow off steam.  These are the times of my life.  The smell of the dirt and grass.  The free drinks guys would buy for me.  Dancing until I was sweating.  Running at the rec. center at 5 AM. Oh, the free activities were so worth it.  Endless possibilities.  Classes and information I did not even think I would find interesting.  I wish the enlightenment, awkwardness, exploration, loneliness, camaraderie, and happiness of accomplishment that the University has to offer.  Delightful.

  A whole bunch of nothing today.  Ebay success and returning books that I borrowed long ago.  I should never borrow books or movies as they do not get returned promptly.  Praying for a baby birthday tomorrow.  Smooth and successful labor for a happy ending is my hope.  Oh, boy. Good times, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment