Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sleep & Teen Advice

 
  Teenagers feel invincible and that they know everything.  It is hard to impress upon them that to survive out in the world they have to listen to others to understand how things work.  It seems like everything goes in one ear and out the other, but they sometime will either listen and follow or say you were right sometime in the future.  It would be better if they learned the first time, but that is a difficult task for anyone.  I only want to help, be a teacher, be instructive and authoritative as well as a guide to independence and common sense.  I hope to live up to that, but stumbling along the way will be instructive in and of itself.  Oh, the fun begins.
 
  I finally slept for 7 consecutive hours last night!  I still awoke to hip muscle spasms.  I think stretching makes all the difference.  I went and stretched again today so I'm hoping that I will have another good night.  I want to be able to normally exercise SO bad. I want some fun and I am ready to see friends and family this weekend.  The Fall colors are gorgeous and I want to see them and relax.  I know busy time and changes are coming.  I want to relax but this is so uncomfortable that it is difficult right now.

  Changing table has arrived and is assembled!  That is the last piece of furniture for the nursery.  Now for the cleaning out of the canvases and art is the last to go.  It is exciting and this last week just flew by. I cannot believe I am 35 weeks along!  Crazy how fast these last weeks will go despite the kicking, punching, sharp pains and muscle cramps.  I want to document, document, document this experience.  I thought I may never get this experience.  I am appreciative of every minute.  I hope I can say the same after labor. I appreciate that I can carry the baby around easily today without so much baggage.  They grow so fast.  They are not even born yet.  Hah.  I'm such an over-thinker, planner.  Sleepy, sleepy time. (Yawn)

No comments:

Post a Comment