Monday, September 26, 2011

New OB-GYN doctor and Birth Plan

  I met the new OB-GYN doctor at Portage Hospital.  Dr. Baudoin, pronounced Beau-deen, was very nice, thorough and seemed on top of it.  She is enjoying the pace and Copper Country so far.  I would feel comfortable if she had to birth my baby.  She has been called in 5 out of 7 days that she has been on call.  I feel better having met her now.  I am glad to meet anyone I may encounter when I go into labor prior to the big day.  She may not know the area, nor the history of the family in this area, but she's ready to jump in.  I like that.

  Today, I am writing out my birth plan.  I am writing it in pencil first so I can think about it and then will fill it in with pen.  I am packing as much as I can for the hospital so Tony has less to think about when the time comes.  There are a great number of things to remember and I am glad I am doing this early.  So many things I do not want to think about last minute.  Feels good to get ready even if the end date may be between 2-8 weeks away.  I hope for 4-6 weeks to go into labor, but I will take whatever I get.  I am not ready today, but in 2 weeks we will definitely be closer.


  This is my favorite card from my baby showers.  LOVE the balloon theme.  My favorite book of all time has a balloon page with similar drawings inside of it.  So cute.  Gives me a good vibe of nostalgia too.  Time to load the recyclables, change out the laundry, write my birth plan, take my vitamins and make returns now.  There may be a stop in the office as well.  We will see.  Gorgeous fall day out- need to take some pics today as well.  Fun!
34 weeks 4 days

No comments:

Post a Comment