Friday, September 23, 2011

Acupuncture Is A Life Saver!

  I have been having shooting pains up the back of my neck the last 3 days.  I know my vertebrae are rotated.  I called the chiropractor right before my doctor's appointment yesterday and they got me in later that day.  It was as I suspected, the muscles were so tight, the chiropractor could not get them to budge for an adjustment.  I did get a little relief, but it was short lived.  I ended up getting little sleep last night because I could not find a comfortable position for my neck or hips.  I feel bad for Tony with all of my tossing and turning.  I actually slept in a squat position for a while last night.


  Today, I went to the acupuncturist and I feel as good as I can feel right now after seeing her.  She really whips me into shape with some no nonsense treatment.  She tells me how it is and we can laugh about those things you can do nothing about.  Pregnancy is all about rolling with the punches and never get knocked onto your butt because getting back up is exponentially more difficult than maintaining your footing from the beginning.  I have started getting dizzy if I sit up or go to walk from a laying position these days.  I have had to lay back down twice in the last 2 days because my head was throbbing and spinning too much.  Once I lay back down and slowly rise, I feel better and can keep going.  I wish I could see the acupuncturist every week, but she is a popular and busy girl.  I know why, but it does not stop me from dreaming I could see her.  Worth every penny to see her despite insurance not covering any of my treatments.

  I am loving apple cider right now.  That and Kashi Autumn Harvest cereal.  I think fall likes me and agrees with me too.  I plan to drive around drinking my cider this weekend while enjoying the colors alongside the road.  Cannot wait for that road trip.  It will be a short one, but long enough for me to enjoy.  Right now I think I will read my sewing surger manual and see if I can figure out how it works in order to test it out before the return date passes.  Then I have to go into the office and see if I can straighten out this mess of a property deal I am entangled in.  I know it will not be figured out today, but I want to be present when they have questions so I can answer them straight away.  Good stuff.  I am going to make this dessert this week, as well as my banana bread.  Tony likes Chocolate Cream Pie...

No comments:

Post a Comment