Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sunglasses and Snow storms

  So I got sick of being an old woman at my age and wanted to stop using the clip-on sunglasses.  They also gave me no side coverage, especially for driving.  The clip-ons were convenient because they were light and fit into the same sunglasses case as my glasses.  Then I went into the Vision Clinic to see what they had to offer for prescription sunglasses.  I wanted something big for good coverage and I wanted something with wide side frames for lateral protection.  I wanted black or brown with a fairly dark lens.  For all the brands that they had, there were only 4 that I was interested in.  The deciding factor was comfort of the nasal bridge of the frames and the width of the side frames.  It so happens that the ones I chose are Juicy Couture.  This brand are worn by the likes of Katherine Heigl and Usher.  I did not know this when I decided to get them.  I ordered them up and they took 2 weeks to come in.

  I love love them.  I feel famous wearing them and cannot wait to wear them in sunny places.  Snowshoeing is one thing, but the sun of Arizona is another.  I got them not polarized so I can see my LED dashboard and speedometer in my car.  I want to walk through the light with my head held high and it is a cheap price to pay for a little time living "large."  I do not splurge on much, but this was not a bad one as my insurance paid for 3/4 of the price happily.  Sweet times ahead I am sure.  Sunglasses are a must.  Cannot wait until the Arizona sun hits my skin and not my eyes.


  The snow is coming, among other things for other states.  The snow, however, is NOT coming our way this time.  This winter has been positively bearable for those that are not in love with the cold and cannot get out to enjoy a winter sport on a daily basis.  I have been indifferent to the cold and snow as it has not hindered me this year.  We have only had a little over one week that was legitimately cold (below 15 degrees as the high without wind chill) this year.  I have been able to use the low riding car the entire time without a thought of getting stuck or worrying about clearance.  That has been sweet as the car does not like the cold and has a hard time starting up when it is cold.  The car hesitates and makes you think for a split second that it is not going to start and then it kicks in and revs up.  Yesterday was the longest hesitation that I have ever experienced with the car, a couple of seconds, but it still performed like a champ once the engine fired up.  I love being able to use the more fuel efficient car during the winter or anytime really.

  Tony has been able to keep up with the snow removal and I have the proper U.P. gear to get me through even if he does not keep up.  I can live anywhere with the proper gear.  Too bad my gear is not short shorts and bikinis, but warm flannel will due for now.  Short shorts will come in April.  As I am lotion tanning and working out I prepare for the times when I will have more skin exposed than gear on. Despite longing for the sun, I earnestly wait for it as by then I know that I will have earned it.  The timing works out best and fatefully anyway.  April it is and the seminar combo with the fun better be worth taking up my time in the sun for a conference room and fluorescent lights all day long.  Thank you missing us snow storm of 18-24 inches.  Looks like I curved away from this one this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment