Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Real estate here I come

  Well, I was talking to a friend of mine and discussing my future via my career.  I said that locally there are few options that are available, let alone that I am suitable for.  He said that I have the qualities that would do well for a real estate agent.  He had a friend that is a real estate broker and would talk with him the next day.  He said he would mention my name and see what he says.  The next day I got a phone call from my friend that said his broker friend said it would be good if I gave him a call.  I called the broker and set up a time to meet to talk about my prospects.
  The meeting was casual.  A tour of the office.  An introduction to one of the agents that works there.  Sitting at the conference table talking about positive potential and what it takes to be an agent.  He recommended meeting with another broker in the office and so it went.  The next meeting felt more like an interview than the first one did.  This meeting got to the nitty gritty of the job and whether I would still be interested in it.  I asked all the questions I could think of and then some more.  He gave me a good picture of what the job is like and I was intrigued.  He said the two brokers would have a pow wow and get back to me.
  I got the call a couple of days later.  They offered me a spot at their agency.  I was so elated and excited at the possibilities of what doors this can open for me.  I cannot wait to get started!  I promptly signed up for the real estate classes down state in mid-February and then will schedule my licensure test.  Sweet.  This will give me a chance to stay with a friend down state and look at starting at what could be my calling.  I am working on what my business cards will look like and what phone I want to get to start working.  I have to get a different work vehicle and take further classes to further my cause to know as much as I can to get started.  This is the next curve in my life and I am ready to go for it.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting, Faithe! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete