Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ballet shoes and inspiration

  I bought some black ballet slippers.  I was in ballet when I was young and did not like it.  Now, as an adult I want to give it another try for the spirit of ballet.  I just want to practice of ballet, not the on stage experience.  I am limited to my bodies function at this juncture in life and I am interested in trying something outside of the box.  I have the New York Ballet company workout book and plan to try and implement it little by little.

  I also want to try some Tai Chi, Soaring Crane Quigong and different forms of yoga.  I have varied interests at this point, but I have not tried any of it yet.  I put on the ballet slippers yesterday as a reminder and an inspiration.  I think with movement will come freedom from muscle tightness.  Stretching is the best and I used to stretch everyday.  It is time to get back to basics and be child like again.  I want to try a little of this and a little of that and see what I like.  I never know if I will like something until I actually put my best effort into it or give it a chance from a different perspective.  I was too self conscious as a child to appreciate being able to wear a leotard and tights.  To tap or dance around a studio with my hair up in a bun.  I loved the on stage outfits, but did not know what I was doing when I got out there.

  Ballet slippers are my symbol of giving a new perspective on life and exercise.  I want interesting, fun and sweat inducing.  This is yet just another chance, short of becoming a farm laborer, to have an elegant and non-dirty way of getting my heart pounding for fun and health purposes.  Cheers to the possibility of enjoyment and possibly making something old, new again.  Today is going to be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment