Monday, February 7, 2011

New Friend and Forgot to Eat Today

 
  I met a woman today that could be one of my best friends in the future.  We have great parallelism in our lives, only she has the experiences in a different role in a similar scenario that we have both been through.  We each have a different perspective to bring to our conversation because of this role difference.  From what I have been through during my life and especially the last year and a half, I am surprised and grateful to find someone who has gone through the feelings and emotions that I have gone through at a similar time in our lives.  It was crazy to listen to what she was saying and see myself thinking and saying the same things because I felt so alone and isolated when I was going through them.  It is very interesting to me to hear how she coped, or did not cope, with what was going on and at what stage she is within the process right now.  I think we were meant to meet each other.  It is too bad we did not meet sooner, but maybe it was meant to be this timing in our lives to facilitate the next chapter in our book of life and how we will influence each other along the way.  I am excited as to my job change and she too is making that same job change at the same time.  We are going to take classes and likely going to test for our license at the same time.  I welcome the opportunity to share this experience and want to take full advantage at potentially having a partner in crime.  I love collaborating and hope I am not too collaborative for her liking.  I want to get along, but I am going to be true to myself also.  That is all I would want from someone else also, so I would hope that would be good for them too.

  Talking from 10 AM to 3 PM was unexpected and surely changed my day plans for today, but I still got to go to an appointment, workout and spend dinner with my husband.  My stomach did try to remind me it was lunch time at one point by growling a couple of times, but in ignoring it I did not have a problem.  This indicates to me that my internal meal meter is off and not always needs to be fed.  So much for a schedule.  I am glad my body and my schedule can be flexible.  I am glad I can do more than I know of myself and can expect more from myself in the future.  To share the experience of becoming a real estate agent sounds fun to me.  I am excited to get started and want to hit the ground running.  I also got to pick up my Super Bowl winnings and that felt so good.  I cannot remember the last time I won something, anything, and this is a sign to me of better and more positive plus lucky opportunities coming my way.  Today was positively stimulating and interesting compared to the last 2 days where I spent over 14 hours getting my modem and wireless router to work together.  I still do not know the magic trick that finally made everything click, but we are up and running with wireless internet.  Now I only have to get the printer to print wirelessly and we are golden.  It is always something else that will come up next on my to do list and I have to acknowledge my victory of getting the wireless internet to work so I am so happy with myself for figuring it out on my own.  Cheers to the curves that you cannot see the other side of until you are right smack in the middle of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment