Friday, February 25, 2011

I love productive days *Anna Karenina spoiler*

  I talked about the Michigan Technological University's all-nighter foul up with the dean of student affairs today.  She said they are going to have a Blue Key meeting this Sunday and discuss what happened and now what they are going to do about it.  I told her that Dave Sutton that I spoke to on the phone offered Honorable Mention for participation and a second place award of a $25 gift certificate.  I told the dean that we really just wanted recognition for our participation for our sponsor, the Magnusun hotel, and the University of Michigan Survival Flight Crew that were eliciting future participation in Winter Carnival from people out of the area, in Ann Arbor, MI.  Those that participated did not even get to see their hard work ice statue displayed in the publication of all the ice statue participants magazine or online.  Our next step is to go to the newspaper with the story as there was an editorial this week on how great the Blue Key leadership was for the Winter Carnival.  That is just a bunch of malarkey.  This is such a large oversight that should never have happened and should never happen again.

  I  spent hours booking plane tickets for our trip to Arizona in April.  I also booked a car, a hotel for the night before we come home and contacted the home away house that I want to use while we are there for one of the weeks.  I messaged, called and texted those that needed to know our itinerary.  I am only waiting to hear back from the home I hope to get.  I know the dates are open, I hope they contact me to work with me.  I am so excited to go.  I am looking forward to the sunshine, the family, the sights, the restaurants, the shopping, the hiking, and the fun.  I love driving around with the windows down.  I look forward to warmth and maybe some rain.  I hope to be there for my nieces' prom attendance too.  Oh so sweet.

  After my Epson Salt soak, Tony is making peanut butter cookies.  We are going to watch Dinner for Schmucks when he is done.  I am going to multi-task study, finish reading Anna Karenina and enjoy some hot tea.  The spirituality and humanity, the cause to life all came up in the last 30 pages of the book.  I'm enjoying the spiritual connecting of the dots that Levin is doing after Anna Karenina is no longer around due to her throwing herself underneath a train.  Shocking.  I loved the bits of this book that were not so much the history, but overall one of the best reading experiences I have ever had.  Wonderful to be done with it though.  Thank you, curving somewhere else tomorrow.  Hopefully, more than 5 degrees tomorrow, but not likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment