Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Shmalentines in Lansing

 

  Well, I spent Valentines Day this year without my sweetheart.  He was about 10 hours away.  I am in Lansing taking my real estate salesperson classes that are more difficult and time consuming than I ever imagined them to be.  I am up by 7 AM, traveling, attending class, traveling, studying and bed by 11 PM.  No minute spared for anything besides eating, drinking and answering the call of nature when necessary.  I am ready to be done, but I am not ready for the tests at the end of the week.  This is the more intensive time I have spent in 1.5 years.  I cannot wait to pass the test to get my license and move on with my life in this new direction.

  Having a woman with me, going through the process at the same time and similar times in our lives is very beneficial and surprisingly comforting.  We drove down to Lansing without any music.  We just talked and talked without a break in the conversation and no car sickness on my part.  It is a rare capacity to have someone I can say this about.  I am hoping we can help each other through this process and that we both will be successful in the end.  Confidence and belief has to come within than from anyone else.  This is the biggest indicating factor for success despite preparation and a little luck.  I think we were meant to meet each other and we were meant to meet under these conditions and at this time.  I am ready to have more friends in my life.  I am so blessed to have this opportunity.  To make new friends and to try a different vocation.

  I feel the love, despite the absence of flowers, candy, wine, gifts of any kind.  I did get a heartfelt phone call and sweet nothings whispered into my ear.  I know Tony would have liked to be together, but I do not need a Hallmark holiday to know that I am loved by anybody.  I do not care if anything is waiting for me at home, just my husband is good enough for me.  Cheers to those that feel loved and give love.  I feel the love everyday, not just holidays.  Thank you curvy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment