Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Toe socks and more Anna Karenina


 I got toe socks as a gift 2 weeks ago.  I have not had toe socks since junior high school.  I used to dislike toe socks very much because of that feeling I would have of the thick presence between my toes.  My delicate toe skin did not like the fabric.  Now, I know the importance of keeping your toes straight as women in my family get older their toes tend to overlap with themselves through wearing improper shoes and socks.  To prevent this overlapping, toe socks are the trick!  They also have skid proof patches on the bottom for ease of walking on our hard wood floors at home.  Such a great gift, thank you Erika!

  So, what is going on today?  Sewing, sewing, sewing.  The sun is out, I am pumped I got my workout in yesterday and read some more Anna Karenina.  Anna's plight of being married but living with her lover/baby daddy is getting more ominous as she sees her lover pulling away coldly from her as Anna is not divorced yet.  Vronsky wants Anna to get divorced so he can legitimize their child and future children, as Vronsky wants an heir to his developing estate and money.  Vronsky feels society will be kinder to them both if they marry each other.  Anna finally agrees to write her husband for a divorce, but these things take time.  Months that is to go into action.  Meanwhile, Vronsky leaves on business all the time like he is a bachelor and only wants to talk of his success financially until Anna can get her divorce.  Anna still feels no love for the cute baby girl that she birthed for Vronsky.  She holds love for Seryozha her son from her marriage. Kitty is full term pregnant with Levin's child, but is passed due.  She is calm, but everyone else is concerned about her and her baby.  Kitty ran into Vronsky, her old flame, and handled herself calmly as could be expected.  Levin's jealousy was diminished when hearing of her calm demeanor in front of him.  They are all in the city of Moscow right now.  And the saga continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment