Thursday, January 13, 2011

What a start to a change looks like

  OK, so I didn't get up when I wanted to today, but today was very productive.  Today included events as lunch with a positive and sweet girl friend, massage, errands, organization at home and a workout at Curves.  I'm about 35 pages into the "Worry" book.  Loving every second of it.  It's like reading about myself, while discovering people's stories that are so similar to mine.  When you are alone, you feel the burden of your worry and it can take over.  Feeling real connectedness to other people really makes everything seem possible and solvable.  This means lots more lunches with friends and hobbies that lead to more connections through time.  I'm excited at the prospect of genuine connections and where that will lead as far as future job networking and fun outside of work.
  Planning an excursion to Arizona to play in the sun and visit family.  Truly wanted to go in February to break up the winter, but that is not going to happen, so April it is.  I long for the hiking, restaurants, playing in the sun and connecting with friends and family.  I'm so excited sometimes I think I'm just not going to be able to wait.
  No sewing projects started today.  Going to work on it tomorrow.  I'm starting into tax mode tonight with sorting the receipts and gathering data.  It will be the most complex taxes to be prepared to date.  Hope all goes well.  I may have to use an accountant this year rather than the old reliable Turbotax.  We will have to see.
  Went to a new masseuse today.  Very different and gratifying experience.  Sometimes it is hard for me to imagine a different way of doing something until I actually experience it.  Today demonstrated that I am open to new opportunities and will be happily surprised sometimes when having to put trust into a stranger.  How else do you meet new people without some form of a leap of faith?  Pleasantly looking forward to our next appointment.  I have a feeling deep tissue massage with cause some aching tomorrow, I needed it and it was worth it for sure.
  How time flies!  Where has this month gone?!  Too soon will the moment of truth come upon me and I must take that leap into the unknown.  Oh the anticipation, the thrill of the potential is amazing.  It's like Christmas or maybe more like a surprise party.  You know it's your birthday and there will be some sort of celebration, but then they spring on you this glamorous party on your behalf.  I hope it's like that anyway.
   Goodnight for now that curve ball that is my life.  Think light thoughts going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment