Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cold snowland adventure- snowshoeing

  Well, yesterday we got to go over to a couple's house for the afternoon and then dinner.  It was 9 degrees with -6 windchill from 25-35 MPH gusts of wind.  I thought for sure we would not be going outside.  The hardcore yoopers that they all are, we headed out to snowshoe on their property.  We were out with constant forward motion for an hour and a half.  It was biting wind on my face, but I actually warmed up enough to open my jacket because I got so warm.  I was red faced and felt like I had just skied a whole day on a mountain after we finished.  It was surprisingly refreshing while brisk.  I am sure glad that I did not make it to Curves beforehand.  That would have really kicked my butt.
  Dinner was a lasagna, corn casserole and a cherry cobbler dessert.  Good to relax and have dinner with friends that we are getting to know better.  Connectedness is the key to staving off worry and whatever else that ails you.  I was described as happy and healthy looking and after the last year I had, that is like a Christmas miracle.  I am finishing watching "The China Syndrome" and then off to read more of my Worry book before bed.
Hasta lluego until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment