Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The beginning of the journey, really just another roller coaster curve

2011
  Wow, what a great year this will be!  I'm so glad 2010 is over I cannot even believe that this is my chance to start anew in my own way.  I'm making plans and looking ahead for a change.  I'm going to be reading, hopefully in quick succession, a series of books that I want to share with others after I've gotten every tidbit I can from them.  I'm on a mission to start a new routine for my day and to write my goal lists to happily cross them off as I go.  I'm excited to go on this journey as its been such a long time coming.  I'm ready.  More prepared than ever before, I'm going out into the world to make something mine and then to share it as happily as I can.
  To start I just finished, "Searching for Paradise in Parker, PA" and "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle."
  As I'm living in the now I will not rehash these books, but I will say that I enjoyed them both for very different reasons and would recommend them.
I am now starting "Worry" by E. Hallowell, M.D. and am 2/3 the way through Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.
  I have started sewing again.  So far I've done 4 different types of pillows and pillow cases in addition to various repairs and patches I've put off completing.  My next projects include more pillows, 4 purses and one queen sized quilt.  This will be a great learning experience for me and as I go I plan to update my progress.  I'm using "The Sewing Book" by Alison Smith and "The Sewing Bible" by Ruth Singer.  The projects are to increase in difficulty as I go along and the quilt will be the largest and most difficult sewing project I have ever attempted.  Whatever happens, success will be judged in completion only.  Time efficiency and quality will come with practice.
  In sticking with the theme of establishing a routine, it's time to go to bed soon.  That being said, I'll sign off now and come back when I have more to share.
 Goodnight my racing sphere of destiny, the curve ball ride of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment