Monday, April 30, 2012

Sears' Parenting Sleep Technique

  I just put Adam to bed with the Sears parenting sleep technique.  If he cries or fusses, pick him up, soothe him and lay him back down.  Repeat until he goes to sleep on his own.  I stayed nearby so he could see me and know I was there, but did not talk to him much other than to say it was bedtime and to go to sleep.  It took an hour and 15 minutes, but he went to sleep on his own.  I hope to do this for a week and see if he can wean to sleep on his own every night instead of eating to sleep.  I moved his bed time feeding half an hour earlier to try to get him to sleep on a full belly, but on his own.  He is a good self soother.  I think this is what I am going to stick to as a bed time routine to get him to go to bed on his own.  Then I have to wake him in the morning to set a nap schedule.  Should be good over this next month.  In the process he scratched himself to bleed enough that I could see it by the night light.  I had to stop in the middle and file his nails down further.  I usually think I got all the sharp edges trimmed and he usually proves me wrong by scratching himself.  Right before pictures no less.  Oh, Adam.  Good night.  Please stay asleep now. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment