Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tough Time

  Went through the gauntlet to get him to sleep just now.  His schedule is off, but he's still doing better than he was.  I got 6.5 hours of sleep last night!  So great.  I hope to get the same amount tonight.  He is getting more aware and active every day.  Love it.  I could not lay him down much today, I had to hold him.  He's only this "little" once and time is already running out.  He is so precious.  I am trying to appreciate every second of this age.  He has basic needs that I can fulfill and I am keeping him home to avoid the illnesses that are going around (cold, flu, whooping cough, etc.). He just makes my world a happier place.  Whatever happens in the future, I love the precious time we got to spend together, even though he does not know who I am really right now.  He goes off of instinct, my smell and voice.  He knows me, but not by name yet.  Such a good boy.

  The fleece sleep sacks are so convenient, but they are too hot for him.  They make it so he does not have to have blankets now that he's active and moving all around I do not want to put a blanket in with him for fear of suffocation.  The sleep sack keeps him warm, too warm, so I cut some vent holes in the back and made it sleeveless.  Now, his feet and body stay warm without sweating too much to get a heat rash.  I am happy with the outcome despite the funny looking garment he wears now.

Adam's first Christmas sleep sack Love it

Fleece sleep sack fun

Kicky kicker needs padding not to hurt himself 

No comments:

Post a Comment