Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Habit Saved Me For Once

  Adam went to bed for more than a 45 minute stint yesterday at 6 AM.  Today I just laid him down at 4 AM.  He has been eating every 2 hours for half the day the last 2 days.  He wakes out of a dead sleep screaming.  Sometimes without cause.  An hour ago it was hunger, but his sucking on his fingers and thumb saved me the screaming while I readied a bottle for him to take his vitamins in.  What a life saver that was.  I could not have predicted that would happen, nor that he soothe himself on his own until I was ready.  Usually he screams bloody murder and it is a scramble to as quickly as possible get him feeding.  Ah, how the tides can change with every wave.   Happy to hear that rhythmic sound of his breathing while he sleeps.  Now my turn.  Good night moon.  Supposed to be a frigid day. Brrr....

No comments:

Post a Comment