Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year Starts Cold and Snowy

Found his thumb
 
  I purchased a bin for the clothes Adam has already grew out of and it is officially already full!  I cannot believe it, so I weighed him today.  He is a whopping 14.2 lbs today.  What a guy.  He looks stout rather than chunky I must say.  He slept the longest stretch he's ever slept last night.  So excited.  I am going to bed now to temp fate for him to wake up because he can sleep unpredictably now.  His long stretch did coincide with night also.  We have been keeping him up and more occupied during the day.  It worked out that daddy is able to help with that also.

  We had Joanne come by and drop off some much needed home cooked dinner tonight.  Chicken soup, salad and homemade olive oil and rosemary bread. Delicious!!  Wow, I could come to her house for dinner every night.  So good.  I cannot remember when I have had such good bread and soup.  The little things in life.  I appreciate her coming over and gifting me warmth and food, along with the friendship.  Through this experience of having a baby I really have discovered who our true friends and caring family are.  I am really appreciative of all of them and my eyes are now more open to the love when before I had such short sightedness for fear, anger, sadness, uncertainty and worry.

  Now for the unsolicited advice from this new mom.  Sleep sacks and zipper outfits with footies attached are a must for being around the house!  Love, love them.  Adam has now grown out of every zipper outfit with footies that are cotton.  I am just not any good with getting him snapped quick enough for his sad crying when he is ready to eat or be done being changed.  I also love the Medela vented covers that go inside the nursing bra when going out to prevent leakage and spilling.  They are soft, long lasting, easily cleaned, reusable and fantastic.  Nursing bras without an underwire are a must.  The latch must be easily one handed open and closed and those that I got off of zullily are great.

  You will want "in between" clothes for when you do not quite fit your normal clothes and your belly has not quite gone down all the way and that can accommodate nursing as well.  The blanket clips that turn a blanket into a nursing shield is also wonderful and easy to use.  I love the small cotton spit bibs for travel.  I love the boppy pillow with a removable pillow case for easy cleaning.  I have already had to launder the whole pillow and it makes life easier to have a pillow case that is soft and dreftable.

  Through this experience I have had to change my plan for the unexpected and am glad that through this learning process I figured out everyone is different and their preferences dictate their comfort in this time of severe lack of sleep and memory loss.  I appreciate what moms go through and the poor dads having to put up with the sleep deprived moms.  I love the camera and flip video.  I cannot get enough documentation of the constant changes he is going through.  On this blizzard warning night with snow blowing and the potential for power outage, I appreciate the warmth and the sounds Adam makes on the baby monitor as I sit here and quickly type this out.  I'm excited to dream tonight about a clean house and taking a hot shower tomorrow.  Ah, Calgon, take me away.

Adam 7 weeks old and sitting as best he can

No comments:

Post a Comment