Thursday, January 19, 2012

If I had It To Do Over Again

  If I had it to do over again, before Adam came along, I would have done some things differently.  I would have gotten only 14 newborn pieces (including sleep sacks, zipper play/pajamas, onesies, swaddle wrap), 20 pieces: 3-6 months & 6-9 months outfits (including sleep sacks, zipper play/pajamas, jeans, onesies), all season appropriate.  They only stay newborns for ~2 weeks then gain weight enough to move up a size within 2 more weeks.  Then they gain more weight to grow out of this size. They stabilize for a few months between 16-20 lbs for a while.  They can't grow that fast forever.

I would have skipped the changing table & put a love seat or short couch in his room for diaper changing. He's already too big and powerful for the light weight piece of furniture.  I would try on nursing bras before purchasing and only as I need them. I would get the Medela pump over again. Premium quality is nice. The pack-n-play is indispensable, I have 2 of them. One for travel and one for the first floor. Also, a swing is vital.  I have a vibrating chair good for taking a shower, doing dishes, folding laundry, etc. Love the Moby wrap and Baby Bjorn. Each has its purpose. Desitin is great, but not always necessary.

  I love the flip video camera!  Easy to travel with for quick, quality video.  Love a diaper bag with a place for bottles. Love the winter car seat cover in the U.P.  I use 3-4 little blankets per day if they fall onto the floor or get soiled.  Lots of blankets are good. Oh, duty calls. Diaper time. This boy hates a wet diaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment