Sunday, January 15, 2012

Times Change

  I cannot wait for March Madness for college basketball!  Love it.

  Adam is on the way to being better for sleeping and is not on a growing spurt during the day, but eating frequently at night.  This does not make for lots of sleeping.  He has started grabbing blankets or any clothes or fabrics he can get his hands on.  Thank goodness for sleep sacks.  He ended up with 2 baths last night because I was not quick enough on the draw getting him covered up.  He had a good time.  Nice and clean anyway.  His need to be entertained is increasing, but I finally got him to lay down in his crib and listen to music and fall asleep without being rocked or held.  This, to me, is a major milestone towards him self soothing and sleeping.

  My neck muscles are so tight I am stiff.  My rib muscles are so tight my rib cage is tight, painful and restricting my breathing. Both sides of my lats are spasming every day now.  I need to stretch and exercise. My floor cannot take jumping around to workout, but I do not feel like driving in this cold (it is 2 degrees right now) to walk around the mall with the old people.  I would prefer to go swimming, but there is bad juju for that as linked to my falling down the stairs in Jan. 2010.  I would prefer to go hit softballs and throw around, but winter prevents that too.  I do not like sitting on the cold floor to stretch so I do not do it. Oh the vicious cycle.  I am also so tired sometimes I cannot function.  The days I feel energized from the few hours of sleep I got I use that time to clean, eat, shower and run errands.  It all sounds like excuses to me.  It will all improve with time, I just feel time is flying by.

  I am thankful I do not have worse issues to deal with right now.  I am thankful for the money to pay for the heat in our house as it is 2 degrees out.  I am thankful for the food we eat, the gas to allow us to travel, the clean clothes we get to wear, the clean water we drink and launder our clothes in, the time to enjoy with our newborn son, a helpful and patient husband, the Happiest Baby On The Block CD to calm my frantic baby, the baby swing to rock an independent baby, snow boots to walk comfortably outside, my glasses to see clearly, the Boppy pillow to support the baby, etc.  The list goes on and on.  I know perspective is good when lamenting what circumstances are right in front of my face and consuming my thoughts.  I am currently concentrating on my post-baby body and ready to get back into shape/more healthy now. Ah, it just takes the decision and action to do something about it.
Taken last week prior to the dreaded 2 Month old SHOTS



One of my favorites!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment