Thursday, March 3, 2011

Today is a Good Day

  I have to say today was a long day.  I woke at 5:30 AM, ridiculously early for Faithe.  I got ready and was on the road to Marquette my 6 AM.  The snow was heaviest until L'Anse and then the roads were just a little slushy.  Seven degrees out and the traffic flowed well.  I went without the radio so I could concentrate on driving.  This means almost 2 whole hours of silence, by myself.  Good times.  I used little windshield wiper fluid as everything was so icy.

  I had the breakfast of champions at McDonald's and reviewed last minute notes to squish in any details that I could.  I found the building despite the vague google maps directions.  I passed the medicinal marijuana office on the way to the testing room in the same building, on the same floor.  I checked in and they took my picture, just in case I pass the test.  I sit again to take the test.  It took 1 hr. 45 minutes to finish.  After all my toiling, the next screen after finishing the test was: PASS.  Then the next screen, please see the proctor to check out.  They hold your license until you complete the test for some reason.  Maybe they are conducting a background check during the exam.  My identity must have been verified.

  I passed!  I passed my real estate salesperson test!  I was licensed on the spot.  I got my license pocket card and was out the door.  Such a good feeling.  I felt light and happy.  The weather deteriorated while I was in the exam.  Snowing heavily, I went to visit my friend Erika and had a great Jimmy John's sandwich for lunch.  By the time I drove home the roads were very slushy.  I hydroplaned at least twice.  I was so tired and was so glad to be home and off the road.  I can't wait to get to work.  Tomorrow is my "coming out party" in real estate.   You can find me at the Michigan Tech. Hockey game tomorrow in a box with the State Wide of Houghton owner with his family and friends.  I have never been to a hockey game.  I hope I get something out of it.  Yay.  Today was a good day.  Swing away baby.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Faithe!! I knew you culd do it and would do well! So excited for you and to hear all about your new venture. XO

    ReplyDelete