Friday, March 18, 2011

Counting My Blessings

  I am looking at the media and all the horrible natural disasters that have happened in Japan the last week and I am struck by how delicate life is and how much I take for granted every day.  I wanted to take a moment and appreciate some simple things that I am blessed with every day.

  I am blessed with a warm bed to sleep in at night that is free from bed bugs and has clean sheets.  I have clean running water I can get a drink or take a shower whenever I feel like it.  I have a working toilet that keeps the water supply separate and clean as can be.  I have local grocery stores with food in it that I can purchase something to eat.  I have the peace of mind that my friends and family are currently safe and not in harms way.  I have the ability to communicate via phone, computer etc. with those that I love.  I have no reason to live other than in the moment right now and enjoy what life has to offer right in front of me.  I currently have no life threatening illness that I am worried about.  I have a car and the means to put gas in my car to travel to places I want to go.  I have the new opportunity to try my hand at a different occupation as my health mandated a change in lifestyle for me.  I am thankful for all of these things and countless more that I have not named.  The biggest blessing is the love and companionship that my husband provides everyday and for years to come in the future.  I send up a prayer of thanks and hope to give back to those around me so that they too can feel blessed.

  Hope everyone had a Happy St. Patrick's Day and I wish Happy Birthday to Ms. Sawyer Marie Linna who was born yesterday to Jamie and Steve.  I wish Steve a Happy Birthday today.  Take care of each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment