Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sinus headache is my Kryptonite


  I welcome spring with open arms, but these sinus headaches are horrific!  I cannot kick the headache that lasted on and off from Friday to today (Wednesday).  I finally took a medicine combination that worked enough to knock the ache down to a negligible amount and no pounding or squinting of my eyes.  I just cannot concentrate when my head is pounding and I cannot focus mentally nor visually on what I am doing.  This makes getting virtually anything accomplished invariably impossible.  I have been muddling by, but I feel like I am just existing, trying to suffer through the day and hoping for the next day to be better.  What a waste of my time.
 
  When I wake up and I already have a full blown headache, there is little I can do to make my head feel better short of taking a medicine that makes me go back to sleep again.  The humidifier helps greatly, but it can only do so much and I am only in it's presence while sleeping.  I massage my sinuses, temples and forehead.  I have been doing heat compresses.  Benadryl and Motrin are some of the best inventions ever, second to antibiotics of course, but happily I do not think I have a sinus infection at this point.  I will be so happy when summer is here and this spring transition is over!  It helps that the rain is coming tonight to get some of the particulates out of the air and to wash away that dirty snow.  Ugh, can't wait for this curve to be over.  I am getting dizzy from this business.  So if you see me squinting or sluggishly unfriendly, please do not take it personally, I am just in sinus pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment