Sunday, March 27, 2011

There is something to be said for a Root Beer float


I have wanted a Root Beer float for a while and just have not made it happen.  I like to savor my treats.  I have soda pop probably about 3 times per year.  I found Blue Sky Root Beer.  I used to have the Blue Sky Cherry Vanilla when I was young.  Delicious in my memory.  I thought I'd give it a whirl.  I put a twist on the float using Neapolitan ice cream as well.  Breyer's has 4 ingredients and I like the simplicity of knowing if I'm having and that if I plan on having sugar, I know I'm just indulging in sugar.

  Mmmm... turned out to be a great float.  Definitely sweeter than I'm used to.  I can only take small quantities compared to when I was younger.  Now everything is too sweet or too creamy for me.  The creaminess and variety of flavors with the chocolate, strawberry and vanilla within the Root Beer is great.  I really like the ice crunchiness when the creaminess melts.  The iciness and the Root Beer are what I remember best for this sweet treat.  I sometimes end up adding more Root Beer because I have ice cream left over.

  What I like about this treat is also that I get to watch men's college basketball.  The #11 seed VCU is currently beating the #1 seed Kansas.  Does not get better than that because I want Kansas to go down.  That would mess up so many people's brackets it would be funny!  Especially because Michigan and Arizona both lost by one bucket.  Ridiculous!  I hope UNC loses also and that the only ones left are not the "normal" teams that keep showing up.  On a side note for the girls college hoops, Michigan Tech. girls placed second in the nation in their category.  They  made it to the big dance and then got man handled by the other team without the refs calling virtually any fouls.  It was tough to watch because it seemed the officials had to have been paid off to so poorly call that game.  Still, a great season to be #2 in the country.

  I smell potato pancakes being made in the other room.  I hope they are crispy and done for dinner.  Now, if only this sinus headache would ease.  I just can't believe the extent that sinus and tension headaches have been dictating my life this month.  I would otherwise never believe it.  I'm going to lay down with a heat pack on my forehead now.

No comments:

Post a Comment