Sunday, March 13, 2011

TAXES 2010

  Despite this last week being the most busy week I've had in recent memory, it was also the most illness racked.  The thing that I'm learning about real estate is that there is no set routine or schedule.  Everything is based on someone else's timing and I am at the beacon call of those that I am working with or would like to work with.  Whatever sinus problems and/or viral infections I must be afflicted with for the last 3 days.  Waking with a headache full blown is the worst and blows the day for me.  I was not sure if I would make it through the required work photos, but being outside was my saving grace to go home as soon as possible. Sleep was my friend this weekend.

  Taxes got started today.  I collect all of my tax documents as they arrive in the mail and put them in the fire safe until it is time for getting down to business.  This year I made it really easy on myself as I collected medical mileage and number of appointments etc. prior to starting the paperwork.  I knew I would file an itemized deduction because I spent thousands of dollars, miles and hours of time dedicated to medical appointments.  I thought for certain I would have enough to deduct something and sure enough, despite everything, we cannot deduct a single mile nor a single cent.  Ridiculous.  The terminology they use is just to throw you off and to inhibit getting justified taxed monies back into our pockets.

  Next year, we are taking all of our receipts into the office of a CPA and dropping them off so they can prepare it for us.  I am ready for a professional to handle the complexities that are coming in this new year.  Being a subcontractor, starting a business, medical deductions, etc.  all kinds of changes.  It will all be interesting and worth it.  So fun to hand that responsibility over to a professional.  Saves me a whole weekend of toiling over it next year.  Not the funnest task, taxes, but the rewards of getting back our hard earned money will be worth it.  That tax refund is so good to look forward to.  Money that is coming our way without an ear mark can be used for all the new business expenses I am having for being a real estate agent.  Who knew that would be so expensive?  Dues, materials, exams, licensing, etc. all add up to money out of my pocket when I am not making any money to bring into the bank account thus far.  That will be an extra pleasure, the first commission check from a hard day's work.

  Yay for taxes being done and yay for taxes being completed while March Madness college hoops plays in the background all day long.  I feel I am leaning into the curve right now, but man, the sharpness of the change is making me motion sick.  There is no slowing down this train.  I am taking it as it comes.  Duck, bob and weave as much as possible.  Curse you that inner ear imbalance.  Hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment