Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gorgeous Time At The Lake

  What can I say about the lake other than how wonderful it is to have a haven to go to away from the world.  A place with sun, sand, little to no bugs bugging, scenic sandstone, the sound of the waves, a comfortable chair to relax in, a place to take a walk without anyone else in sight.  I really needed a re-charge of the batteries and in just a few hours the property on the lake seems to do that for me every time.  I seem like a different person when I'm there.  The clouds were a welcome break from the relentless sun and humidity in town.

  The clouds parted and even gave us a striking sunset to enjoy.  I love hearing the waves in the background as I am able to think without interruption.  Today, the sounds were peppered with chainsaw noises nearby, but not so near they were intrusive.  Just more land being cleared to seed with grass and to be able to enjoy it as a camp or picnic sight.  Always welcome is the signs of recreation.  I can only walk about 15 minutes without round ligament pain.  Usually its 30 minutes, but walking in the sand is a different story.  I think it's worth it.  As long as I rest I can start going for a while again, at least long enough to make it back to where I began.

I am now tired enough the pillow is calling so that I can wake and enjoy a day of AC at the office.  Oops, forgot to water my garden again after we did not get the promised rain shower today.  Ugh.  I hope they can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment