Sunday, May 8, 2011

Good Day for Mother's Day



  I celebrate my other mother on this day and love sending sweet flowers to her for all the memories and nurturing she helped me through growing up.  Church makes me think of the grand scope of the planet, spiritualism and the inside out me.  On Mother's Day, however, there was a kid kicking my seat and spitting on me while making putting noises the whole service.  The mother did not discipline her son once in the whole time.  It got me thinking about parenting styles and what type of parent I will be.

  Spending quality time with my husband's cousin and his wife out at the property in their new house with their two gorgeous daughters was the highlight of my day.  Gorgeous sunset reminds me of why I am alive.  To appreciate the finer things in life that are free.  I just love hearing Jordin's squeal of pleasure while playing outside and chasing bubbles in the air.  Holding baby Sawyer was sweet for her to relax in my arms and sleep.  So fun to speak to people that appreciate our company.  I will remember these days of going home at all hours of the night and remembering the laughs and sound of their voices.

  Mother's day makes me miss my family also.  It makes me wonder how they are doing and what they are up to.  I miss spending holidays with my sister and her kids.  I miss hearing those familiar voices and rhythm of holidays that are unique to those that I am related to.  Next year, this day will be dedicated to me and the joy of life that I plan to bring into the world.  What a feet that will be.  So many have done it before me and so many will do that after me, but this is my miracle.  Our miracle really.  Time for bed again.  Ah, sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment