Saturday, May 7, 2011

Baby Shower day


 It was a beautiful Spring day complete with freshly hatched gnats and other flying insects.  The sun shining, a slight breeze and beautifully decorated house with a nest theme for the baby shower for baby Pf. The spread was magnificent, the cupcakes divine!  The cupcakes were lemon with a drop of raspberry jam at the bottom, topped with butter cream and toasted coconut and 3 delicious jelly beans of an unusual variety.  The house soon filled up with upwards of 40-50 women.  I counted at least 4 expecting women in attendance.  The grandmothers and great aunt had their perfect hair for the occasion.  The presents gathered on top of the living room table, overflowing onto the floor.

  The woman of the hour, the mommy to be, looked radiant and glowing with excitement, expectation, determination and the to do list playing in the back of her mind at all times.  She gracefully greeted as many people as possible and headed the buffet of lunch that was provided.  Everyone full of delights, she opened presents and thoughtfully identified and thanked each person for their book themed presents.  Some did not play by the rules and included clothes, toys, etc., but those of us that did play by the rules still got the gratification of adding to the library of this unborn child.  Most all of the must have books were there.  The ones that did not make it were "Pat the Bunny" and the Harry Potter series.  Those can be easily remedied though.

  What a joyful group!  Afterwards, we got to visit with the happy couple for a short time before starting the 3 hour drive home.  We did see some sprinkles on the way home, but happily an uneventful drive.  Exhausted now, I am ready for my head to hit the pillow.  Happy to celebrate with a woman that is so beautiful and also finally poking out more substantially these days.  I loved her dress and think I must procure one for myself.  Sweet spring day.  Good night all.  Dream well.


Steph and I

2 comments:

  1. It was so wonderful having you there, Faithe! You and Tony are so very special to us--I only wish our night would have included the both of you for a longer stay. I'm thrilled beyond words for your little blessing as well! For me, the time has not gone too fast. I can only hope the same for you. And yes, you MUST find a similar dress... it will be your saving grace. I've been wearing it since 20 weeks and I wear it for EVERY occasion. The style fits a small or large belly so it has grown with me quite well! I'd love to help you nose around for stuff.... if you need any helpful hints about anything at all please ask! Love you, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Rach told me she picked up "Pat the Bunny" for me... and I've got all but the last one or two Harry books already.. SO MANY BOOKS, so little time? :o) I am in awe of this amazing library already!

    ReplyDelete