Monday, May 28, 2012

Travel

  Oh my.  Travel with a 6 month old on a plane is not something that I would have agreed to after the baby was born.  As this trip was planned prior to birth, I felt I must push through it. Now, in hindsight, I feel the trip was a great idea and we all grew from the trip and are all more wise and seasoned as a family.  Adam turned out to be a great traveler, better than I could have expected, but deep down I knew he could be as I pressed through with plans to visit.  He slept when he should, he ate as much as expected, he played and was happy more than expected and loved us with is spirit and smiles.  What a great boy.  He teaches me lessons and patience every single day.

  Getting to see Taylor graduate really brought me back to how I felt at graduation.  The people I knew, the path I was desiring to take, the family that was not there for me, the roller coaster of emotions I went through.  How different life is than what I envisioned that day.  I could not have told you this would be how it is, but the getting here was so unexpected I would love to try and help my niece along however I can, but she is like me and has to learn the hard way.

  Shopping, swimming, restaurants, taking in the sights and heat are how we spent our vacation.  Catching our breath from when Adam was born really.  Tony got some quality time with him and that alone was worth it.  No projects, home maintenance, nagging, sense of should this and that with time off.  What a great release.  I loved the views and swimming, shopping and hanging out.  That said, I figured out on this trip I could never live in Tucson through the summers ever again.  Too hot!  I knew that when I left AZ, but this trip just solidified it.  Even though it is only in the 50's and 60's here, everything is green, sunny and the outdoors is always open.  I can shop periodically and do not need to very often.

  I left with a sense of sadness and longing.  Arizona is a great place to visit and maybe have a winter home there.  Not a place for summers.  Two 110 degree days, one 109, 99, 86, 82 etc.  The nicest days were right before we left, in May no less.  We came back to fog, rain and 50 degrees.  I'd rather cool than unbearable heat.  I felt I could not take Adam out for more than a few minutes at a time.  What kind of life is that?  At least in the cold we could bundle up.  There is no escape from the heat.

  Overly tired boy from all that travel and overstimulation, poor thing is having a hard time staying asleep. Now it is my turn.  Happy to close my eyes.  Tomorrow, unpacking, bills and hopefully sleep.  Fantastic.

Noise canceling headphones for a flight next to the engines

Tony, Charity, Taylor




No comments:

Post a Comment