Thursday, May 3, 2012

Good Advice

  I got good advice from my acupuncturist today.

  She said stress can cause muscle tightness and cause me to be malaligned and not be able to physically get my body back into balance.
She recommended eating basil, beets, lotus seed, asparagus, celery and soup for the liver, kidney and blood function.
She recommended living in the present and not worry about the past or future.  To let go.
She said psalms from the bible had good prayers to offer.
She said some physical activity daily is good, but I also need sleep.
I need to concentrate on my health and my baby.  That I am where I need to be and am happier now than 2 years ago and I will be happier still if I can banish the negativity, let go of the past and future thoughts and to let positivity surround me.  This includes watching funny movies or shows, laugh as much as possible, use uplifting oils like lemon, orange, citrus fresh.  I should not let worry infect me and get rid of fear.  Live in the now. What can I do about whatever it is I want to make happen right now and then take immediate steps in that direction.  Only deal in what I can control and not let things out of my control hold me back.
She said instead of worry, pray about what is on my mind.  Let the angels guide me and look after me in my pursuits.  To live in the light and whenever the dark, depressive, overwhelmingness or negativity seeps in and, before it takes hold, to seek the light.  Take a deep breath, put on oils, meditate and/or pray on whatever the issue or feeling might be.

  These are all things I have heard separately in the past, but never in this context and never together.  I feel I am in a place in my life that I am almost there.  I have been searching for what I was born to do and I feel one thing is for certain, I was born to be Adam's mother.  This is one of the only things I can say I are sure of.  He is special, not just to me, but, I believe, everyone he meets.  My acupuncturist has really been a light in my life since I met her.  She has positively influenced me in so many ways and at just the right times in my life when I needed that influence.  I think she will continue to help me through my journey of life and I will be eternally grateful for her help, guidance, compassion and light.  She really takes on a great burden helping others.  I am thankful she is willing to help me.  I am open to change and sometimes cannot see how to make the change.  She is giving me concrete things to do that specifically will help me with a means to an end.  How wonderful.  All this during a powerful energy thunderstorm.  I want to be open to these suggestions and make them happen because I will only benefit from them.  Why not help myself?  Good question.

  I have been reading a blog about zen habits for advice on furthering my desires for self realization and decluttering my mind and life.  The blog is clearly written by a man.  His ideas are sound and good, but not applicable to a mother with a newborn baby.  Sometimes I read them and now that I have a baby I think he must have no caregiving responsibilities whatsoever and he must see his children very little as all the things he lists that he gets accomplished daily is impossible to be there and parent all the time as well.  He is very self centered in a literal fashion.  He used to be a high powered exec. and now lives a zen life after investing well he has enough money to do whatever else he wants to now make money whatever way he feels like.  He does not talk about caring for his children as a daily duty, more of a fleeting background theme.  He went from high work time to high self time with no kid time in between.  I would love to follow his advice, but later in life I am suspecting.  When my baby can go do some things by himself at that point.


Note to self: Have to go purchase some Gum chamoil (sp?) or clove oil for my teething baby.  Citrus or lemon oil highly diluted on baby's feet. Ah, teething.

Tony and the inaugural stroll in the souped up beach stroller he made
Gorgeous weather yesterday, 73 degrees and fantastic at the lake.  Thunderstorms today.

No comments:

Post a Comment