Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ah, How Life Changes

  I was lamenting last night how I would love to have a beer, watch a movie uninterrupted and then go to bed weary whenever I want to.  Those days are long gone.  Now it is, how to get my baby to bed and to stay asleep.  He is stuffy and cannot feel good from teething and sinusitis.  I cannot even get through a 20 minute workout without stopping it literally 5 times.  I have tried to get my tax papers in order many times to no avail.  I am happy to have this happy boy in my life and this is all a learning process for both of us to get anything done.  He now has a jumper roo that we are trying out.  I hope to have him enjoy it and learn to have fun while in it so I can "enjoy" getting my taxes done.

  On this gorgeous day, I would rather be out taking a walk than stuck doing the taxes I cannot get done.  There are more nice days to come in the future.  I just am itching to get going.  I have been doing my exercises at 11 or 12 at night.  This is not efficient, but I am still doing the exercises.  My knees and ankles have started hurting so I have had to back off of the intensity of my effort.  This makes me sad as I want to be healthy enough to just give my full effort rather than taking longer to get the exercises done and therefore take longer to lose the baby weight.  I want to wear my usual jeans already.  That day will be great.

  I thought about buying a Kindle because I love books and they would be cheaper that way, but I have no time to watch a 1.5 hour movie let alone read a book.  Time will change and he will be less labor intensive and he will sleep more, but not right now.  His face has changed recently.  He looks like a big boy toddler. He is so full of personality.  His protest in the Johnny Jumper today was a two handed swipe across the chest, "No." I loved it.  He knows what he wants.

  He is so heavy, very soon I will not be able to lift him out of his crib.  We decided we would do a low rail twin bed mattress closer to the floor so it will be less distance for him to fall and easier for his mom to lay down a sleeping baby and pick up an awake boy.  He was playing so emphatically last night I thought he would spontaneously roll over.  He did not, however.  He has woken up the last two days sideways in his crib.  He discovered the mirror also and was staring into it and playing with it as it was askew when we came to look in on him this morning.  So fun.

Clapping his feet together, he discovered his feet to his mouth this week

No comments:

Post a Comment