Sunday, February 26, 2012

Snowy Day

Wow blowing snow today!

  Such blowing snow today! We did not want to go out so Tony went to the store for groceries. I hope to make it to the tax appointment tomorrow.

Practicing pushing himself up after falling from a sitting position
  The last 2 days we have been holding his hands and pulling him into a sitting position.  I will sit in a chair and hold his hands while he sits on his own accord.  He likes to lean forward until his face is almost in his feet before he protests and yet he does not want to lay back, but wants to still sit up.  He is pushing his heals into the padded floor and lifting his back side off of the floor.  He will hike up his legs and turn to the side but not quite make the roll.  He'll get there.  We are going to set him in a seat for eating everyday just to get him used to the idea of sitting.  Then I want to try working with a spoon and see if he'll take cereal "watered down" when he turns 4 months.  So excited. He's so active with toys and talking these days I find it amazing he has months to go before he will say his first word.

 For weeks he's been saying, "Mam" when requesting me.  This is when he wants to eat or needs a diaper change.  What a smart boy.  He is drooling like he is teething too and I know it will be months before they poke through the gums.  What a fun time.  I wanted to establish a nap schedule, but he was already on a schedule. Now I just need to set a bedtime routine and we are set.

No comments:

Post a Comment