Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Back From Iowa

Chillaxin'

Charity getting some Adam time

Charity and I enjoying a beautiful day by the Lift Bridge
Florence
  Thoroughly enjoyed the visit with my sister.  Very fun and enlightening.  We have much in common, but have had very different experiences in life.  She can give me a kick in the butt when I need it and is honest to me always.  I love she is diplomatic, but reasonable.  She came to visit me when no one else has.  I am so glad.  I want both of us to be happy.  I wanted to be neighbors with her when I grew up.  That would be fun grilling, hanging out at the lake, etc.  That ship has sailed, but that is life.

  Great trip to Iowa.  Adam and I only got to be at Florence's 100th birthday party for a sum total of 20 minutes.  He was inconsolable and crying himself to sleep.  Then when waking he cried some more.  Then Tony got some Tylenol for him and Adam slept for 6 hours.  He woke the next day refreshed and better.   He was still upset and over stimulated from all the people trying to hold him.  He did much better for breakfast the next day that Florence attended.  I did not get to say my goodbye and hug her, but she knows we were there and came all that way just for her.

  The trip did teach Adam to fall asleep in his car seat.  He soothed himself and played for hours.  He has grown up so much.  His face is changing and he is looking like a big boy.  He did learn that not all trips in the car seat are that long and that he can calm himself.  It also taught me the same thing.  He is much easier to pack up in a hurry now.

No comments:

Post a Comment