Friday, February 10, 2012

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 3 Months Old

 Adam has had one of his worst and his best nights since he was born in the last week.  One night up every 2 hours after nursing for 30 minutes and one night sleeping almost 6.5 hours then 3 hours back to back.  He sometimes screams from being overly tired (like we purposely kept him up or something) and then he was quiet, went to sleep easily after being rocked and transferred to bed without waking no problem.  He would wake screaming one night then wake happily sucking on his fingers and talking happily the other.  He would scream and only be soothed by the swing or happily just be rocked and in bed within 10 minutes.  No figuring this guy out yet, but I love the sleep I got yesterday for sure. Yet, he always wakes up in a good mood smiling, talking, laughing, kicking, punching, playing with me.  So sweet.

I was able to exercise yesterday for the first time since he was born.  Yay!  I was so excited.  It was interrupted with feeding him, but something is better than nothing.  As cleaning goes, we hope to have friends over tomorrow so today is filing and cleaning day.  I love the light out, but not the 10 degrees with -3 wind chill.  I was hoping to go into State Wide to visit today, but I will go on Monday instead.  I love a clean house.  It is a rare commodity and will get rarer still once Adam is bigger.  Que serra.

We have been stuffed up lately and trying to stay where the humidifier is.  He has been giving good sinus drainage with the bulb. I wonder what parents did before the bulb?  It is such a wonderful tool.  I also wonder what they did before swings.  Good grief they must have held their baby all the time or let them cry.  Either way, the swing is such a great alternative.  Good for all involved.  He's so big his feet hang over the edge of the swing now.  The instructions say the swing will hold up to 25 pounds, he is about 17 pounds and already rocks the foundation of the swing when he is kicking and moving around.  I cannot imagine 25 pounds of Adam in the swing almost knocking it over.

I am excited and leery about our impending trip to Iowa.  He does not like being in his car seat for long periods of time.  I hope he sleeps a lot and we can stop to let him have some kick punch time.  He does tend to fall asleep in the seat, but all day I think will be a bit much for him.  Any way you slice it, we are going.  The forecast looks good, as in clear warm weather for travel.  I hope it stays that way.  I also hope Charity gets to hold him and play with him on the trip also.  That will be fun.

Packing for a trip like this with an infant, I am glad we have a Suburban.  I am thinking of  portable rocking chair or just bringing the swing.  Very bulky, but proven effective.  I plan to call the hotel today and see if they have a rocking chair we can borrow.  That would make life easier.  We will see.  This trip will be the only time we get to see my dad until the day we visit him in Arizona.  I will get to see him a total of 3 days this year.  It seems like time is passing fast and I do not get to see him.  If he did not have that horrific girlfriend, I feel he would visit us.  He uses the excuse that she cannot come because she is working so he will not visit us.  Anyways, enough lamenting the lack of visitation of my family.

I feel good about our smiling, playful, snugly and smart son.  I do not look forward to his next doctor's visit.  I do want to find out what he weighs "officially," but I want another nurse and different gauge of needle for his shots this time.  I look forward to his crawling and talking.  He is so verbal.  He has starting taking a header when sitting now so he ends up on his face.  He then moves his arms and legs to position his head in a comfortable position.  He stays there for a while, then either gets happy to just lay there or he fights and wants to get back up and do it all over again.  Love that he is trying.  He does baby crunches all the time now and needs to be strapped in to any chair or swing he is in now.  He just is moving right along.  Now if he can only outgrow those daily hiccups.  Ugh, I do not like the hiccups.  He always spits up right before he has the hiccups.  The most he has had them is 5 times in one day.  Poor thing.

Three months old 2 days ago!!

So inquisitive! "Hmm?"

Such a silly Sarazin

Sleepy smiles at 3 months old

Awe

He is so sweet

He is so fun

No comments:

Post a Comment