Sunday, July 10, 2011

4th of July Wonderful in Iowa

At our Lake Superior property today before the fog burned off

  Where to begin?  We drove to Iowa for my family's annual family reunion.  We picked up my sister and her family on the way down.  We had a fun filled and action packed visit.  We stopped at Cabela's, went to a concert at the Surf ballroom, saw storm damage, ate grilled foods, went swimming, got Walnut taffy, went to Arnold's park, got to pet mules, went to the Mall of America, listened to music in the park amphitheatre, watched the fireworks above Clear Lake on the 4th of July, watched the parade with Michelle Bachman and Newt Gingrich, saw all kinds of family, went to a carnival, shopped at the art fair, some rode rides and got to spend all kinds of quality time.  Up for breakfast and bed by 1-2 AM every night.  

  I loved every minute with my sister and her family.  It is such a rare occasion to spend time with them, let alone all of them at one time.  Great fun.  I got really swollen from the heat, salty and sweet foods, constantly on my feet and all the hydration for the heat and humidity.  Saw T.R. Knight (George O'Malley) from Grey's Anatomy in the Legoland of the Mall of America.  Loved the celebrity sighting.  LONG ride home.  My back side hurt half the ride home, but we made if home safely despite all the deer we saw.  It's the deer you do not see that gets ya.
Arnold's Park home of the Nutty Bar and Walnut Taffy


  Had no spare time for reading, but we listened to the Da Vinci Code on CD for the ride back.  Love it.  I want to get Angels and Demons on audiobook next.  We are going to fall asleep watching some movie now.  Not sure which one, but we watched nothing but a handful of minutes of the weather channel in the last 10 days.  TV deprived, we must catch up a little bit.  I have an action packed day tomorrow and must go to bed soon.  A much needed massage, work, picking up my CPL license, calling a client to set up a meeting and an ultrasound, not to mention the laundry and cleaning ahead of me.  I am enjoying my blueberries and cherries before I take my vitamins.  Gotta feed the belly.  Taco Bell for dinner again tonight.  Quick and easy for beating the heat to stay out of my kitchen today.  The AC is already calling my name.  Ah, summer is finally here.

At Rich and Greta's house in Onalaska, WI

23.5 Weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment